A Snowy Day in Western North Carolina means many things -
(1) School Cancellations/Delays
(2) Grocery Stores with empty shelves where bread could once be found
(3) Warm Fires, Hot Cocoa
(4) Snowball fights
(5) Four Wheel Drive Rides in the Snow
(6) Frequent updates from checking "The Weather Channel"
Today I spent some time outside enjoying the views, playing in the snow and taking a walk in the cold. I enjoy the snow when I don't have to venture out in it otherwise it is quite a nuisance at times. I don't know how often I have listened to Friends from the North laugh at the reaction of WNC when the snow arrives. I always like to remind them that we have curvy roads here in the mountains that are unforgiving if you make the wrong driving move. Sometimes I think that it is good for things to slow down a little and give people a chance just to "be still". Tommorow all the snow will melt away and life will return to normal but we got a chance today to enjoy the beauty of the handiwork of the creator.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i like ur blog. if u r interested, see mine. its name is WEAVING THE WIND'. URL IS NSARMILA.ILA@BLOGSPOT.COM
Thanks for your comment on my blog. My first ever comment! In fact my first visitor that I know of apart from a few friends in real life. Your blog is about the same age as mine. I love reading about your winter and your green ideas and seeing your beautiful photos.
hei, remeber me? am the first visitor of your blog,as u said ! ha..ha.. ok...it was long before.thats in 2008. alright? now its 2011. actually i discovered your blog very accidentally. if you like write to me in my email. its like this
nsarmila.ila@gmail.com
Post a Comment