Lately, I have made extra attempts to adopt a more "green" lifestyle. I am still taking baby steps here but the older I get the more important it seems to be to me. There have been several changes that I have embraced to begin to make a difference. I have to admit I am not totally "earth friendly" yet but the effort is being made to improve.
(1) I recycle paper, plastics & glass products. This not only ends up being a positive for the environment but it saves me money by not filling up my garbage bins so often.
(2) I have replaced traditional light bulbs with the new energy efficient flourescent bulbs. (This has also resulted in great saving on the electric bill.)
(3) I conserve water by only doing "full" loads of laundry & dishwasher loads.
(4) I use a reusable coffee filter (hey I know its a small thing but it still helps to save some trees)
(5) I drive a fuel efficient car
(6) I buy "some" organic foods
Hey I know that I still have a long way to go but at least I am trying and I am getting better each month. Not only is going green good for the environment but it also ends up being good for your own pocketbook in the long run.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment