Just the other day the headlines were dotted with stories about Hilary Clinton shedding tears on the political trail. Well whatever she did apparently it proved effective. I have to wonder if this newfound emotional side of Hilary is the real one or just an image put forth for the media attention that it would obviously generate. Of all the political candidates that we currently have running I find it the most difficult to support Hilary. Although she does have "experience" in the political arena I don't think she represents the type of real CHANGE that most Americans are looking for. What was once a political asset to her (being associated with her husbands administration) now I think is actually a liability. Yes, it would be progress for women to see a woman elected as President but I just don't know if she is the woman for the job. I don't see her as providing real change from the status quo in Washington. I actually tend to see her still as an extension of her husband and his administration. Maybe I am one of only a few that feel this way but somehow I doubt it. I feel more excited about seeing some of the newcomers blazing a fresh trail in Washington and giving the middle class more of a true voice - that would be real change in my opinion. I still haven't decided who I want to support yet for President but if Hilary is the nominee for the Democratic party it will more than likely affect my choice.
I want to see something different coming out of Washington and in my opinion it is going to require someone with some different perspectives about the way things should be done. Oh well on to SC I guess we will see what happens next......... What do you Think??
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment