Thursday, November 8, 2007

Fall & Falling Leaves..............

My favorite time of year is here - actually it is almost over. Leaf season is one of the most beautiful times of year here in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Every time I look out the window at this time of year it makes me think of a picture. It is as if God has taken a paintbrush and created a beautiful painting or a multitude of them according to where you look outside. It is amazing to say the least but now when I look down at the ground it reminds me that the season is slowly coming to an end. The ground is covered in front of my house so much so that the lawn is bearly visible. I will soon be raking away - oh well I probably need the exercise I am sure. Life here is quiet at this time of year most of the Florida inhabitants(vacationers) have left for the winter and being that the leaf season is almost over the traffic is almost back to normal. The air is crisp and cool. I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away and I have barely given Christmas shopping a thought yet. Maybe I can post some photos soon (before all of the leaves had come off of the trees). I live very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and it is a beautiful location that I wish everyone had the opportunity to visit at least once. Anyway, I look forward to hopefully meeting some new friends from this blog and sharing some of the wonderful things about the part of the country where I live.

No comments: